Thursday, January 06, 2005

Words from a Soldier

My friend's boyfriend is a special forces officer fighting the tough battle in the Middle East. Here is his recent email update:

"It has not been such a good New Year for the good guys thus far. We ended up losing two guys, one on the 2nd of January and another on the 3rd of January.

One soldier got hit in an ambush and caught some rounds in his femeral artery (Big one in the leg) and bled out while getting MEDEVACed out, and another was killed in a Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Device (VBIED).

Along with the soldier that was killed by the VBIED (2) other soldiers were wounded including their Captain..Lucky for Jay (my ex-roommate) that he is studying to be a dentist because it was his team that got hit and the Captain that got wounded was the one that replaced him...so again not good news for the home team, but I guess a blessing for Jay.

I havn't written Jay yet, but I figure Shane (his ex-team sergeant), who was with me when I got wounded in the PI, will drop him a note.

Feel really bad for Shane because he worked with Mark and I when we got hit by the VBIED in the PI, and now he lost another soldier, and had two more wounded.

Anyway, on a good note Seahawks managed to beat the Falcons, won the NFC West Division, and play the Rams on Sunday in Seattle, so hopefully they can beat the Rams at their home stadium and continue on to the 2nd round of playoffs.

Hope all of you guys had a good Christmas and a Happy New Year. I will write more when I get the chance."

1 comment:

RICHARD said...

I wish I was there helping. I could use the "purpose" in my life.