Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Is life like a children's book?

While writing in my journal last night I had an epiphany. Remember when you were a little kid, there were these adventure books were you could choose what the main character would do next? At the end of each chapter it would say, if you want the main character to do x go to page 40 and if you want them to do y go to page 60. You had control over the outcome of the story, but you could cheat. If you choose x and didn't like that outcome you could go back and go to page 60 and see if that was a better option. Wouldn't it be great if life was like that.

When we are at crossroads in our lives, wouldn't it be great if we could choose one road and if we didn't like that route we could just try the other road? Life doesn't work like that, unfortunately. You just have to take a leap of faith and go one way. By saying yes to something you are saying no to something else. This is why I pray for guidance in my life. I am thankful I have options though.

No comments: