Sunday, April 16, 2006

Kava


Kava is a drink that is popular to Hawaii. Described by Kavaroot.com as "A soothing drink with proven medicinal effects, kava is now available to anyone seeking to calm nerves or ease stress as well as anxiety while combating fatigue the natural way. " Apparently no trip to Hawaii is complete with out trying Kava. As we get ready to leave Hawaii we decided to try this much talked about drink. There is a kava bar in downtown Kona so we headed there last night. Kava is grayish brown and looks like muddy river water. It smells herbally and tastes bitter but I drank it anyway.

I felt fine until the ride home when I had Jon pull the car over so I could throw up. The kava made me so sick I felt like I had drank too much alcohol the night before. The side effects for me felt exactly like a hang over. Once I got home I passed out on the couch and didn't move for hours. I was up all night going to the bathroom because apparently it is also a diaretic. My point, stay away from kava. It is nasty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, right Crazy H! Don't get all wasted and then blame it on the kava, aiight? That's mean.