Thursday, June 16, 2005

Thanks Steve for the great advice

Steve Jobs, of Apple, gave a great motivational/inspirational commencement speech. His speech is long but I read the whole thing because it really touched me. Steve Jobs never graduated college but most notably started Apple and Pixar. He says:
"You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life."


This struck me because starting my career it is hard to see where I will end up but I need to remember the dots will connect but I won't see that until I look back. I know I will be a part of great things but only God know what that will be. Steve's advice, "Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish." Good advice.

Post Source: Seth Godin

No comments: