Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Death on the Set of the New Batman Movie

I just came across this article in my morning reading and it breaks my heart. A special effects technician died during rehearsal for a stunt driving sequence. It sounds like the driver of the camera car crashed while following the bat mobile and one of the guys in the camera car was killed. It is not only stuntmen who put themselves in risky positions to get a great shot it is also camera guys or others on the crew. Often times they are in the car with you, following you or dangling off the side of the cliff with you to get that one great shot. I have so much respect for the camera guys and other members of the crew who put themselves out there. Think about that next time you watch a car chase or big stunt someone has to be there close enough to get the action. My prayers goes out to his family.

No comments: