Friday, September 29, 2006

Snorkeling and SCUBA Diving


My cousins was in town this past week so we did some tourist stuff. We went to Hamauma Bay (a popular snorkeling spot) to go snorkeling. The image is a picture of the bay. It is a nature preserve so you have to pay to get in the park (unless you have a local ID) and they make you watch a dumb 10 minute video basically telling you not to be an idiot. I heard great things about the bay but honestly I wasn't that impressed. I thought Kona was much better snorkeling. It was still fun.

Yesterday I went on my first boat scuba diving trip. We did a two tank dive. The first dive was great and I went down over 100 feet which was super cool. There was a boat that we checked out under the water. The second dive was not that great but still fun. We took some pictures on an underwater camera and when my cousin gets them developed I will post them.

As usual our schedule is busy for the next few weeks. Next week Jon is flying to New Jersey to spend some time with his family. He is also going to drive down with his brother to go to an Alabama Football game next weekend. I will be spending a few days in Kona next week visiting some of my family who live there. Then on October 12 we will be meeting in Washington to pick up our stuff we put in storage last year (everything we left behind when we moved to Hawaii last year). We will then drive our stuff down to California and move into our new apartment. It will be so nice to have our own place. We have been living out of our suit cases for the past 13 months. It will be nice to have a home base even if it is LA.

No comments: