Sunday, May 25, 2008

5 Year Anniversary - Hard at Work



This is Jonathan. Heather asked me to put up a quick post in regards to today being our 5-year anniversary. She can't do it herself because she just booked a job doubling the lead actress, Ali Larter (from the TV show Heroes), in a movie called Obsessed. She got the job, and started work, yesterday and will be on it for the next month, which is why she's working on our anniversary. It's a huge gig and we're both really excited about it. I couldn't be more proud of all the success Heather has had in this business...and in just about anything else she does.

People ask me all the time why I got married so young (22), and if, and how I'm still happy, being that we were married before we had a chance to "really experience life and see what's out there". I always tell them the same things, "that I found the right one early, and I knew then that Heather was a gift and blessing unlike anything I had ever had in my life before, and that I couldn't let it go". I thank God everyday for putting Heather in my life, and not a moment too soon.

Reflecting on our journey that's taken us from NJ to CO, WA, HI, and now CA, I can't imagine the last 8-years without Heather, and wouldn't have made the journey and be where I am today if I didn't have this partner to take every brazen plunge with. It sounds cliche, but it's actually the honest truth that I love Heather more today than I did yesterday or 5 years ago or 8 years ago and our love has grown through every step of our journey together.

As to being married young for the past 5 years...I wouldn't have it any other way and I'm truly blessed to have had as good a 5 years with the love of my live and best friend as I have. I've missed nothing and gained everything.

Sadly, they say in this business you can tell how successful a stuntman is by the number of marriages he's gone through. Well, I guess we'll just keep on being fantastically happy failures for the next 50+ years or just go on trumping the statistics. Heather and I have a tendency of doing that anyway.

P.S. Happy early Birthday to Heather on May 28th!

No comments: