Friday, December 23, 2005

Back Home





I am having such a good time back home in the Pacific Northwest. We have been going from relative's house to friend's house making sure we visit everyone. On Monday I was back in the town I grew up in. It is always interesting going back to my home town. It feels like a step back in time. Everywhere I go I see people I know from high school or even as far back as elementary school. I felt like Reese Witherspoon in Sweet Home Alabama when she flew from New York and went back to her home town in Alabama (especially the scene in the bar where she makes a fool of herself). I think the last time I got down and crazy was the last time I was back home 3 years ago.

On Wednesday we went skiing on the ski mountain I learned how to ski on 16 years ago. It was a great time, I just love skiing. As I was sitting on the ski lift freezing cold I couldn't stop think what was better being in the ocean swimming, body surfing and surfing in the warm sun but fearing at any moment Jaws will come take me away or skiing in the beautiful woods and freezing my butt off. I think it is a toss up.

On Thursday we headed to my mom's house. I love coming to my mom's house because it feels like I am stepping into Martha Stewart's home. It is so welcoming and festive for the holidays. We cooked all day yesterday and will cook all day today for the Christmas party we are having tonight. There will be a ton of people here. I just love parties. (Pictures: Top Picture, Jon, Kylynn, Me, Chris, and Darcy at the ski mountain, Next Picture, Jon feeding my cousins son Gabrial, Next Picture, Me with Gabrial, Bottom Picture Darcy showing off her skills)

No comments: