Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Two Suit Cases

We are safe in LA now. We flew in last night and met with some friends for dinner. Jon and I are a bit in culture shock. We have been in Hawaii for 9 months and aren't use to the fast paced life of LA. I feel like I am surrounded by cement and everyone seems to be in a hurry. There is always traffic and going anywhere takes forever.

There was a point yesterday when Jon and I didn't have any keys to anything. No house keys (because we didn't have a house) and no car keys. It was weird because there aren't many times that happens in ones life. I remember 6 years ago when I left Washington with only two suite cases and moved across the country to live with strangers somewhere in a place where I had never been before in a culture I had never experinced before. I had no idea what adventures where in store for me. It felt very familiar yesterday except the differernce this time is I have someone to experience it with. That is one of the great things about being married. I get to do life with my best friend. It makes everything that much more exciting. I can't wait to see what adventures are in store for us!

No comments: