Tuesday, July 18, 2006


I spent the past 24 hours in the hospital. It all started yesterday when I noticed in the mirror that my right pupil was much larger than my left one. I gave it some time to see if it would go away, then I called my wonderful aunt Mary (who is a nurse) to ask her what I should do. She advised me to go the emergency room because a "blown" pupil can be serious and could be related to head trauma, and considering that I wack my head around for a living I didn't want to take any chances. (In the picture you can see that one of my pupils is larger than the other one. It is an awful picture and I didn't really want to put it up but I figured I should so don't laugh at it. My pupil actually got worse than this at one point. If you click on the picture you can see it bigger. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I have one color-enhancing contact lense in, green, so don't be scared.)

I went to the emergency room and they said it was a good thing I came in. First they gave me a CAT scan to see if my brain was bleeding. The scan came back negative so they gave me several neurological tests, some of which I failed. Considering that I'm relatively young and in good health and failed these tests they admitted me to the hospital over night for further tests and observations. I told them I couldn't stay in the hospital tonight because I had an Emmy Nominees Party to attend, but they didn't listen, and I traded in the cocktail dress for a sexy backless hospital gown.

They did some more tests and I meet with the neurologist (I was disappointed that he was no where near as cute as McDreamy from Gray's Anatomy) and they still were not sure what was going on. Today they gave me a MRI. Not a hug fan of the MRI, I'll be honest. After some time they sent me home to wait for the test results. I should get the results tomorrow morning. I will be sure to post what the doctor says. It was a little scary last night but today my eye is looking better but they still don't know what is going on.

Thanks everyone so much for the support, phone calls, prayers, and hospital visits. It ment so much to me knowing that I have so many people who love me. It made my stay in the hospital much eaiser.

As I was getting out of the hospital I remembered only a week ago today our car was stolen. What a week!

No comments: