Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Less than a week and counting...

Jon and I are about to embark on an adventure and a business risk. In my opinion, you have to risk to have reward. However, with a risk there is always a chance things will not end up as you anticipate. In this case, the worse thing that can happen is we had a nice vacation in Hawaii. Not too bad.

I think I get board with monitany and I like to try new things ie take risks. In business school, they encourage risk. Why then do businesses and most people "spend their time and energy looking for security and stability? This is nonsense," according to Seth Godin, who always offers great insite. As usual, he is right on target. Hmmm... lets see, moving to Hawaii to be stunt people, I call that thinking out side the box and leaving security and stability behind. Look I am using my business degree. I knew I spent all that money on something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get a hold of yourself heather, your moving to Hawaii on a lark for a gravy job in the sun your not a venture capitalist pondering which widget to bet millions on. Smart people in business spend most of their time assessing stability and security of an investment because every investment is a financial risk. To not analyze these factors and seek investments that suit your capacity for failure is simply a game of chance. I would have hoped that the University of Colorado business school would be teaching its students to assess risk not just leap into it screaming Yeeeehaaaawww. But most of all what you're embarking on has about as much to do with business as the hard plastic end of a shoelace has to do with the rest of the shoe it clings to, by its last tiny frayed strand of dirty fabric.

Heather Arthur said...

Oh Chaun, you silly boy. You totally missed what I was saying. Of course Jon and I spent a lot of time assessing this "business risk". And, yes in my opinion it is a business risk. Despite what many think the movie business is a business but the product is you. You are your own brand. You aren't guaranteed a job or a pay check. You have to hustle and wheel and deal just to get your next job. Yes, we got a hook up on this show, but what about the next show? You have to sell yourself, ie your product. I do think you are Kim's reincarnate. I look forward to seeing you in Hawaii! Love H