Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Life without ID

It is amazing how dependent we are on our photo ID's. I guess you don't realize it until you don't have it any more. I do have a pass port however the pass port is in my maiden name which doesn't help me when I go to use my credit card (that just came in the mail) which is in my married name. The only thing the pass port is good for is getting a glass of wine when I go out to eat. It is frustrating not being able to just buy a coffee or a book oh yeah and drive. I am totally helpless without my photo ID. I can't even get a new Costco card without an ID.

I found out that I can send away for a duplicate license but it takes three weeks to get the ID. For the next three weeks I am S.O.L.

Just when I begin to feel sorry for myself and think of the headache of having everything stolen I turn the news on. Those poor people in the South East really have issues. My heart hurts for those suffering and my prayers go out to them.

No comments: